1. What do you think is the significance of Crooks in the story?2. Why is Candy so eager to join Lennie and George's dream?
1. Why do you think Lennie wants bunnies?2. Do you think Lennie actually understands everything that is said to him?
1. Why did George feel the need to murder Lennie himself?2. Why is this novella called "Of Mice and Men," and what might it represent?
What does the word "Mice" from the title represent to the story?
Why do George and Lennie travel together? Why is Lennie so fascinated by Curley's wife?
1. What do you think the purpose of Slim is?2. Why do you think the reason for Curley's Wife's death is?
Does lennie really know what trouble he has been to george?Why do you think george lied about lennie having the gun?
1) What do you think really happened to Crooks back?2) Do you think that George did the right thing by killing Lennie?
1. Do you think George will stay at the Ranch?2. Do you think Candy and George will pool in their money to get the land they wanted ?
What mental disorder do you think Lennie has?What do you suppose actually happened to Crooks' back?
1. Why is Curley's wife so interested in being on the ranch? ("Think I like to stick in that house alls time?")2. How does Candy, being so old, have such great hearing? Is this significant?
1. How come Lennie didn't hear George clicking back the safety at the end of the story?2. What do you think will happen to George now that Lennie is gone?
1. Why does Lennie like soft objects2. How would George, a rather clever guy, get attached or stuck with Lennie, basically the anti-thesis of who George is.
1. What is the significance of only having 1 women in the story?2. Would you be able to do what George did to Lennie, letting him go?
1. What is the importance of Slim's friendship with George? Is he replacing Lennie?2. Why couldn't Lennie tell something bad was going to happen to him? George was acting differently than he usually would if Lennie did something wrong.
1) What aspects of the time period do George, Lennie, and the other workers on the farm represent?2) How far do you think George is willing to go to protect Lennie and do things for him?
1) How do you think George will move on from here, after killing Lennie?2) Will George and Candy still go for the dream now that Lennie is gone?
1) Why would George want Lennie to image the "place" right before he dies?2) How do you think George's life will be like now that he doesn't have Lennie?
1) Why does George decide to kill Lennie himself? Why didn't he let Lennie escape?2) What will happen to the other men on the ranch now that Lennie and Curley's wife are gone? Will Crooks be treated nicer?
What do you think the death of Candy's dog symbolized about society during the Great Depression? Why did George stick with Lennie the entire time, only to leave him in the end?
How did George and Lennie become a pair?Why does George like Lennie so much?Why does George still keep Lennie around?